Thealozduo improves dry eye symptoms and is clinically proven to give long-lasting improvements in tear film thickness with regular use.
Thea, the French manufacturer, have released their most advanced preservative-free combination of Sodium Hyaluronate and Trehalose – for lubrication, hydration and protection of all dry eyes – in a hypotonic formulation that can be used with contact lenses.
- Hyaluronic acid for lubrication and long-lasting relief from dry eye symptoms. It is naturally present in the human body and acts like a sponge, retaining water and releasing it, progressively. This leads to optimum water retention and is superior at improving the stability of the tear film compared with other dry eye formulations. It also stays on the eye surface longer than other dry eye drops.
- Trehalose for protection of the ocular surface in dry environments (e.g. air conditioning). It is a naturally occurring di-saccharide that is used by certain plants, fungi, invertebrate animals and bacteria to help them survive extreme conditions. It has an ability to protect from hot, cold, oxidation and desiccation stress. It protects corneal epithelial cells from dying of dehydration and protects proteins and membranes from denaturation.
Thealoz Duo features and benefits:
- Protects, Hydrates and Lubricates the eye’s surface
- Suitable for all dry eyes
- Clinically proven to last a long time on the eye
- Unique bottle system means NO preservatives
- Can be used for up to 3 months from opening
- Hypotonic formulation for effective relief
- Can be used with all types of contact lenses
Thealoz Duo works in two ways:
Trehalose protects the epithelial cells on the ocular surface, improving their resistance to the daily stresses of dry environments and tear film changes in a dry eye.
Sodium Hyaluronate adds moisture by holding water to hydrate and lubricate the surface of the eye.
This combination makes it the ideal choice for ALL dry eye sufferers, whatever the cause. Clinical studies have shown that a single drop of Thealoz Duo improves the thickness of the tear film for at least 4 hours1.
The drops can be applied as often as necessary throughout the day, and are also suitable for contact lens wearers to apply either before or during wear.
There are no reviews yet.