Effective Date: 29th May, 2019
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
1. What Information does Optical Rooms Collect?
Information you provide us:
- When you create an account. When you create an account with us, you provide a name, email address, and password.
- When you make a purchase or use our Services. If you make a purchase, we request information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods. You may also provide us with information when you use certain online features, such as when you book an eye exam. This information may include (i) your name, email address, phone number, shipping address, and date of birth, (ii) prescription information, including any images of prescriptions you may provide to us, (iii) medical history and information about your vision, (iv) information about the products purchase, and (v) information about other people, such as when you direct us to send a gift card. If you provide us with an image of your prescription, we obtain any information that appears on the prescription form.
For some in-clinic features, we may ask your permission to take a photo, facial scan, or other image of you.
When you make a purchase, we ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), vision insurance plan information, billing address, and shipping address. Our payment processor, which is required by credit card issuers to meet specific security requirements, will collect, store, and process your credit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. We do not store any payment card information.
- When you contact us. We do everything possible to make sure you have an exceptional customer experience. If you contact us in person, by phone (calling or texting), email, instant message (including Facebook Messenger), live chat, through social media, or by some other means, we may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services. We receive responses to any survey that you choose to complete for us.
Information we collect from third parties:
- Information from your doctor. Your doctor may share your prescription information with us in order for us to provide Services or complete your purchase.
- Information from third party services. Some parts of our Services can be linked to other accounts you have with Third Party Services (“Third Party Accounts”) or you may be able to register for an account on our Services with your Third Party Account. If you connect a Third Party Account to our Services or interact with us through a Third Party Account, we may receive information about you, including your Third Party Account profile information and your photo, and your use of the Third Party Account. If you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect publicly available information and content related to your comment. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts to learn about your options.
Information we automatically collect:
- Web logs and usage information. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include device and browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and search terms.
- Information from cookies and other technologies. Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow us and our service providers to collect information about your actions on our Services. Our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services. Cookies are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website.
2. How We Use Your Information
Generally. We primarily use your information to provide and enhance our Services and your experience with OpticalRooms. Some ways we may use your information include:
- to provide, personalize, and improve our products and our Service
- to facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases
- to communicate with you, including to respond to your comments or questions, and to send you updates about your order
- to understand your use of our Services to help us improve the customer experience
- to provide you information, recommendations, and marketing materials about our products and Services
- to deliver gift cards in accordance with your instructions
- for our other internal business purposes
Photos, Scans, and Images. When you submit (or grant us permission to take) a photo, facial scan, or other image of you, we don’t share those photos, scans, or images, or any facial data captured in the facial scans, with any third parties, but we may use them as described below:
- to measure your pupillary distance and segment height, and to gather other optical information
- to map and measure your facial features
- to address certain problems or concerns you may have with your glasses
- to help better understand how our frames fit our customers and provide frame recommendations
- to provide, personalize, and improve our products and our Service
3. How We Share Your Information
If we share your information, we do so only as described below.
We’ve figured out ways to do a lot of things on our own, but we haven’t quite figured out how to do all of it. We may provide your information to our contractors, agents, and service providers as necessary to enable them to perform certain services for us, including but not limited to:
- vision insurance claim processing
- account registration
- website-related services, such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- data analytics
One of the third party services that we use to track your activity on our Services is Google Analytics. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of our Services, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). You also may opt-out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads. You can also visit your device’s settings or install the AppChoices app to learn more about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads in mobile Apps.
With your doctor and dispensing optician
We may share your information with your doctor if you’ve asked us to confirm the prescription information you provide us, or if you’ve asked us to obtain your prescription information from your doctor. At your request, we may also share your information with a dispensing optician.
With your vision insurance carrier
We may share your information with your vision insurance carrier in order to process your claim and so that we receive payment.
To protect us and others
With your consent
Except as we’ve stated above, we will notify you before we share your identifiable information with any third parties.
4. Access to Your Information and Choices You Have With Your OpticalRooms Account
Through your account settings, you can access, view, and edit the following information you’ve provided to us:
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
- phone number
You can delete any of the above information, and contact us with questions or concerns about your information, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The information you can view, edit, and delete may change as our Services change.
If you decide you don’t want to receive email from us, you can select the “unsubscribe” provision in our communications to unsubscribe, you can email us at email@example.com, or you can contact customer support. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of email communications, but it may not prevent you from receiving emails about orders or transactions you place through our Services or to emails in response to a specific request from you, such as password recovery.
5. We are Committed to Protecting Your Information
We take the protection of your information very seriously. We understand the sensitivity of (for example) the prescription information you may give us. Therefore, we take many security measures (physical, electronic, and procedural) to help keep your information safe. For example, we limit access to authorized employees and third parties who are under an obligation to keep all such information confidential. Also, we only allow parties to access your identifiable information for permitted business purposes. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
6. Children’s Information
We are especially sensitive about children’s information. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may use our Services on behalf of such minor child. If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Contact Us