Introducing the new Blephasteam Goggles, 2nd Generation
- Blephasteam goggle is a unique eyelid warming device to relieve symptoms of meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) and associated diseases
- Blephasteam goggle provides electronically controlled moisture and heat therapy to unblock the meibomian glands
Blephasteam is a CE marked medically approved eyelid-warming that helps relieve symptoms of MGD and associated eye diseases such as posterior blepharitis, meibomitis, ocular rosacea, chalazion, contact lens intolerance and dry eye.
Research has shown that by unblocking the meibomian glands, tear quality is improved, which has positive benefits for comfort, vision and eye health. This product has been designed in collaboration with eye care specialists, Blephasteam is based on scientific studies that suggest daily application of heat and humidity has a beneficial effect on various MGD conditions.
Unlike some alternative eyelid warming devices, such as hot compresses, Blephasteam is electronically controlled to maintain a stable heat for the entire duration of treatment.
KEY FEATURES OF THE LATEST VERSION
- Faster warm up time (3/4 minutes) plus a unique design allows you to set optimum temperature
- Wireless and convenient and easy-to-use – 10 minutes twice daily
- USB cable for universal charging
- No replaceable rings needed
- Preserves blink quality
- Scientifically proven by an independent body to improve tear quality, decrease tear evaporation and improve vision
- CE marked medical device
HOW TO USE
Blephasteam should be used twice a day, unless otherwise recommended by an eye care professional. At least 4 hours should be allowed between sessions.
Blephasteam is easy to use:
- Blephasteam goggle operates from a docking station via a USB . It needs to preheat for only 3/4 minutes before use.
- Sessions are 10 minutes long. Blephasteam goggles allows for clear vision during the session so the patient can carry out normal activities.
- For a complete treatment, the eyelids should be massaged and cleaned with a cleansing wipe or pad.
The instruction leaflet gives more detailed information.
Blephasteam must not be used whilst wearing contact lenses.
See Video introduction (1.5 minutes)
1 pair of Blephasteam goggles, control box, charging cables.
Supplied with a UK/IRL 3-pin plug but can be used outside the UK with the aid of an adaptor plug. (adaptor not included).
3 reviews for Blephasteam Goggles 2nd Generation